Stanton DJ Pro 2000S Product Review
Does the low price mean low quality?
Stanton is a DJ supply store famous for a lot of things: an abundant supply of DJ equipment that ranges from fairly good to freaking amazing; unbeatable DJ cartridges that tags Stanton as Marius once described, the "Daddy" of cartridges; DJ packages ideal for the novice DJ; low prices. Yes, Stanton is famous for all of the above and more, but today, let me focus on one aspect of its fame: low prices. Since ‘tis the season to be spending a crapload of money, why not buy quality for an affordable price? For bedroom DJs and pro working DJs, if you’re on the market for an affordable pair of headphones, I suggest you learn a thing or two about Stanton’s DJ Pro 2000S DJ headphones. For starters, let’s find out if they’re so cheap for a reason.
Stanton says the Pro 2000S delivers high output without so much as compromising the sound quality on these headphones. They also take pride in a few of its features, such as the unique folding design that sports a rotating earcup. And for comfortable monitoring, which all working DJs can agree is a must, Stanton designed the Pro 2000S with a padded shoulder rest…just don’t fall asleep on the job. Lastly, if you’re a working DJ who follows the styles of their beloved pro DJs, then the Stanton’s Pro 2000S is a style you’ll want to follow. After all, pro working DJ Tiesto is known to prefer these exact headphones over many others. So if a DJ like Tiesto appreciates them, they’ve got to be good.
Stanton DJ Pro 2000S DJ Headphones
Taking heed of all that, working DJs should note that these headphones are not perfect. Is anything? After reviewing this product, I’ve found a few problems with the Pro 2000S, some of which aren’t even notable. For starters, you do not want to wear them for long hours. Many DJs have complained that, while wearing them in the studio for long hours, the headphones began to hurt their ears, despite the comfortable design that encompasses the DJs entire ear. Personally, I’d attribute that problem to low quality material: plastic. The Stanton 2000S is made out of plastic, which won’t be a huge problem at first. When it begins to wear down, however, it starts to crumble and adjustments will need to be made. Other than that, the Stanton Pro 2000S has no serious problems. More than not, these are a pair of headphones you’ll want in your DJ set up.
Check out the features of Stanton’s Pro 2000S:
- The DJ PRO 2000 is a high-quality stereo headphone designed for the professional DJ.
- Rotating ear-cup allows for flexible positioning and single sided or shoulder rest wearing styles
- Detachable coiled cord (3m) for safe storage and easy replacement
- 90° (elbow) 1/4" connector
- Integrated mono or stereo monitoring
- Wide frequency response 20 Hz-30 KHz for outstanding sound reproduction
- Closed ear-cup design for sound isolation
- 50mm Neodymium drivers for clear low end reproduction and superior power handling
- Convenient folding design for ease of storage and transportation
- Mini-jack adaptor included.
- Free carrying pouch included
Powered by Max Banner Ads