QSC AH S282H
The AD S282H is strong, sleek, and sells at a low price
In a previous workingDJ post about Behringer, I wrote that their speaker was a better choice than speakers from QSC for two reasons: the Behringer speaker system wasn’t bad (it offered very good features), and the price was lower than it should have been. One of my motto’s is that if a customer sees a chance to rip off a retailer, take it! They do it to us all the time. I personally feel QSC is one of the better DJ suppliers to go to for a sick audio system, but their prices make me ill. If any working DJ or musician can find a good system for a nice price at QSC, I say buy it. Like the QSC AD S282H, for example, which costs $750 MSRP.
It’s still a fairly expensive purchase, and there’re many other DJ suppliers that can offer decent speakers for a way better price. But if you want the best, search for the models with the low prices. The QSC AD S282H is "one of the best". It’s a full range surface mount loudspeaker that can be set up anywhere (QSC says: hotels, restaurants, convention facilities, etc.) and is weather resistant. If you’re skeptical about whether it can really withstand severe weather, just place them out in a hurricane and see if they’ll survive. They probably will. But I won’t advise that. Best option is to take QSC’s word, even though I’ve bought a handful of "weather resistant" products that stop functioning after slight water spills. You guys probably have, too.
QSC AD S282H
These little guys aren’t weak, that much is for sure. This two way system is housed in a ported enclosure made from injection molded high impact polystyrene, and incorporates two 8 inch LF transducers with heavy duty double roll cloth surrounds.
Now for the good stuff. Check out the features of the QSC AD S282H:
- Contemporary Style, Weather Resistant Enclosure and Components – ideal for a wide range of applications
- Dual 8-Inch, 2-Way System – in a lightweight, multipurpose enclosure featuring a heavy duty, powder coated aluminum grill.
- Versatile Mounting Options – The included yoke mount bracket can be used for mounting and aiming the system in vertical or horizontal orientations. Provision for optional Omni-mount? bracket is built in.
- Advanced Directivity? Rotatable Waveguide – (90° x 60°) enables the loudspeaker to deliver accurately focused sound, regardless of the enclosure’s mounted orientation.
- Low Impedance and Transformer Versions – Standard 8 ohm system is selectable for passive or active operation while the AD-S282HT transformer version provides taps for both 70V and 100V distributed system use.
To top if off, it has a sleek design, which you can clearly see from above. It’s not too bulky, but it doesn’t look flimsy and won’t feel flimsy, either. Personally, I like the price (not exactly shallow pocket friendly, but it has nice features), but the best part about the AD S282H loudspeakers is the fact that QSC designed it with Advanced Directivity rotatable waveguide. This means that, no matter where you place it, the AD S282H speakers will deliver clean, accurate and focused sound to a crowd of 100, 200, 300 people-it doesn’t matter how many-everyone in the room will hear the music.
You can get it in either sleek black or a cool white.
Powered by Max Banner Ads