The Trance Awards for 2009 have decided their winners
The Trance Awards website was up for a long time in which music fans and working DJs could vote and show their appreciation for their favorite trance DJ, in a hope that he or she will bring the title home. Well, on October 9th, at The Gallery @ The Ministry Of Sound nightclub, things were finally kicked off for the final ceremony of the Trance Awards 2009, and this week is proclaimed by organizers Trackitdown the Trance Week, at the beginning of which I get to name of the winners for you trance fans and DJs out there.
First of all, let’s talk about the party at The Ministry Of Sound for a bit, as some great names were present to make it a night worth remembering. And so it was, as trance music ruled the night with working DJs like Markus Schulz, Menno De Jong, Simon Patterson, Sean Tyas or the Romanian Claudia Cazacu making sure of it. In the annex room there was a whole other party in place, in that different working DJs mixed from behind the turntables, but the trance rule stayed the same. Here Al Excess, Laura May, Hidden Agenda, Ryan Wilkinson and Intertek did an equally great job at their Ministry debuts.
Separate from the party, the Euphoria Trance Awards album was released in the same night, to further enhance the global impact of the Trance Awards 2009, and by now you can find the triple CD for sure at retailers, or to download it from Trackitdown.net, as the main promoters of the event. The Trance Awards album is mixed by Sean Tyas, Simon Patterson and Claudia Cazacu and contains the biggest tracks from trance legends like Armin Van Buuren or Sander Van Doorn, as well as the mixers themselves.
By now I kept you all waiting for the names of the winners too long, I’m sure, so here’s the main list of interest from the Trance Awards 2009. I’ll only name the winners but for the full list of runners up, feel free to visit HousePlanet DJ here:
- Paul van Dyk took away the double, both as Best Trance DJ and Best producer
- the Best Trance label for this year is Armada
- and the best remixer is Tiesto
- Best New Face in trance music is the hot Romanian working DJ Claudia Cazacu
- best resident goes to Armin van Buuren at Armada in Ibiza, who also scores the best Trance album with his Imagine release and the best radio show with the renowned A State Of Trance
- and finally, the best track is another hit from Paul van Dyk featuring Johnny McDaid , Home
Powered by Max Banner Ads